Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Check out these new EAP features!
Get up to date EAP info delivered to your phone, Click here for details!
Check out the OnTopic with Empathia podcast!
What's happening in your life? When you face challenges, LifeMatters can help. Caring professionals are available 24/7/365 to help you address concerns both big and small.
All *benefit eligible employees, their legal spouses, and dependent children (through the end of the calendar year they turn 26) are eligible to utilize the services provided by LifeMatters, our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
*Benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled (full- and part-time) staff members receiving compensation included in a District contract and/or compensation summary.
Caring professionals from LifeMatters are available 24/7/365 to help you address concerns both big and small. Services are:
- Free: There is no charge for services provided by LifeMatters. You will be advised of costs if you are referred to outside resources.
- Confidential: LifeMatters is provided by Empathia, Inc. an independent consultation firm. Any information you shared is confidential, except when your safety or the safety of another individual is at risk.
- Immediate Access: LifeMatters is available anytime via your computer, smartphone or tablet. Access code information is available on the Staff page under Benefits.
Learn more about how LifeMatters can help you and your family below:
Member Services: 800-634-6433
Staff seeking the passcode to access online LifeMatters resources, should visit the Benefits section of our Staff page.
- I want to get along better with my significant other.
- How do I handle a difficult co-worker?
- My child acts out and I don't know what to do.
- I want to start an exercise routine.
- How can I start eating better?
- It's time to quit smoking.
- My identity has been stolen.
- I'm in a custody dispute.
- How do I set up a power of attorney for an elderly parent?
- Sometimes I feel sad and I'm not sure why.
- I worry more than I'd like.
- What are some relaxation techniques?
- My schedule is always overloaded. Help!
- I worry that I might be drinking too much.
- What do I do if my child is on drugs?
Child & Elder Care
- I need good child care that fits my schedule.
- I am considering adopting a child. Where do I start?
- My aging parents live far away. What resources are available to help them?
- I want to buy a house. How much do I need to get started?
- What can I do about my debt problems?
- I am looking for fitness and wellness classes.
- I need acontractor for a home project.
- It's time to start researching colleges and financial aid options.
LSR7 Benefit Stories
I cannot say enough good things about the Complete Health and Wellness Center! Every single time I have interacted with staff they have been welcoming and kind. I had a telehealth appointment scheduled and after talking through my concerns, Shelly Lynch had me come on in to the clinic for an in person exam so that she would be able to refer me on to additional services. The staff is accommodating, understanding, and very professional. What a great benefit for our LSR7 staff!
Erin Jensen helps me with any questions I have, it does not matter what it is!!! I have her in my phone for quick dial because she seriously is my "Go To" person! And if she does not know the answer, which by the way is not often, she wil lfind out for me and get right back with me. She is awesome!!
I came to the CHWC with some symptoms that were fairly severe. Not only did the provider I saw take plenty of time to consider a variety of possible causes and remedies, but also offered help with follow-up questions and emailed me several resources. They called a week later to check on how I was doing and continued to offer support weeks after my initial visit. The care I received from the provider, nurses, and other staff at CHWC was far beyond any medical care and follow-up I have ever received.
The drive-up COVID testing was easy and fast with a friendly nurse. And, the follow-up provided helpful, practical advice. I learned things about COVID from the Center's nurse practitioner that I'd never heard before elsewhere! The Wellness Center is a gr8 benefit to employees, and this is not my first positive experience. Through the annual health assessment report (and accompanying LSR7 Inspiring Balance Employee Wellbeing Program), I have improved most all of my "stats and digits."
Erin Jensen has been so very patient and helpful in assisting me with all the necessary details to complete the new hire beneifts packet. I know that she (as well as others in the Beneifts department) are extremely busy processing important information for many others in the district, however, she in particular has been a "jewel"...Again, Thank you Erin, YOU ROCK!!
The receptionist greeted me with a smile under her mask and she worked to get me in safely to the clinic. The nurse worked patiently to verify which lab work my doctor was requesting. I appreciate them working in a safe and friendly manner.