If you are enrolling as a newly benefits eligible employee:
- You must complete the benefits enrollment process online at Enroll Now by the deadline specified during New Hire
- Benefits become effective the first day of the second month following your hire (start) date.
- Premiums are deducted one month in advance of the effective date.
- If applicable, HSA and HRA contributions begin in the month your coverage starts.
NOTE: When you complete the enrollment process, you will receive a confirmation number. It is important to retain this confirmation number and/or print a copy for your records.
All eligible employees, including new hires, must complete the on-line enrollment process, even if you wish to waive coverage. If you do not complete your enrollment by the deadline given to you during New Hire Orientation, you will not have coverage for the entire plan year.
Your enrollment will be completed on-line and you may complete your enrollment from any computer which has internet access. Pop-up blockers must be turned off on your computer in order to complete the on-line enrollment process.
To enroll, follow these steps to ensure completion of your enrollment:
- Review the information contained in the Benefit Guide to assist you in making your benefit choices for 2020.
- Click on Enroll Now to begin your benefits enrollment.
- Log in with your user ID and PIN. Your user ID and PIN are as follows:
User ID: Your User ID is the first letter of your legal first name, first letter of your last name, and the last four digits of your social security number. For example, John Smith, SSN ending in 1234: User ID is JS1234
PIN: Your PIN is equal to your date of birth. Enter two digits for month, two digits for day and four digits for year. For example, date of birth of March 10, 1980: PIN is 03101980
- Once logged in, click on “Enroll/Change your benefits,” then click on “Plan Year Beginning January 1, 2020” and then click on “Health and Welfare Benefits Enrollment” to make elections for 2020. Work through the site by following the on-line instructions.
- Upon completion of Step 4, a confirmation statement will appear on the page. If the information is accurate, print a copy for your records and then click “Confirm.” You will then receive a confirmation number. Write this number down or print the page for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation number, your insurance elections will not be processed.
- For first time Health Savings Account Enrollees (High Deductible Health Plan Enrollees only): If you are electing to have the District’s contribution deposited into a Health Savings Account (HSA) for the first time, then you must set up your HSA through Central Bank of the Midwest by following these steps.
The District will make contributions only to Central Bank of the Midwest HSA accounts. If you are unable to open your account online, you may visit any Central Bank of the Midwest location or contact the District’s Business Services
Department at (816) 986-1000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding the enrollment process or need assistance enrolling, please contact the Business Services Department at (816) 986-1000 or by email at email@example.com.