Health Reimbursement Arrangement
You can use money contributed to your HRA account for eligible medical expenses incurred by you, and your spouse or your children IF they are enrolled in the District HDHP plan with you. Visit the IRS website to learn more about Eligible Expenses.
Customer Service: 866-818-8805, choose the option for Surency Flex
HRA (For HDHP Enrollees Only)
HDHP enrollees not eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA) will have the District’s contribution deposited into a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA). Your HRA account will include only District contributed funds.
Health Reimbursement Arrangement Features
- Contributions into an HRA are tax-free as long as you use the funds for qualified expenses.
- HRA funds can be used to pay for qualified expenses for you and your spouse and children IF they are enrolled in the District HDHP plan with you.
- Funds will be added to your account each payday.
- Funds must be deposited into the HRA account before you can use them.
- A list of the most common eligible expenses, can be found here.
- You can request reimbursement for eligible expenses incurred from the date you begin participating in the HDHP with HRA through December 31, 2022.
- Balance in the HRA account on December 31, 2022 may be able to roll-over to 2023.
- Balances and roll-over funds in the HRA account can accumulate to a maximum of $4,999.
- You will receive a debit card in the mail from Surency Life and Health, the District’s HRA provider.
- You are not required to use the debit card to pay expenses. You can request reimbursement through your on-line account or print a claim form to email, fax or mail to Surency.
- If you terminate employment with the District, you will be able to submit claims for reimbursement through the end of the plan year in which you terminate for services provided during the plan year.
If you are enrolled in a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) for 2021 and enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA) for 2022, the funds remaining in your HRA as of December 31, 2021, may be eligible to be suspended and used for eligible dental and/or vision expenses. There are specific IRS regulations when HRA participants enroll in an HSA. For additional information, please contact the District’s Benefits Specialist at (816) 986-1046.
Upon enrollment into a HRA, you will receive an enrollment packet which will contain additional information.
Your specific rights to benefits under the Plans are governed solely, and in every respect, by the official Plan documents and insurance contracts, and not by information included in this website. If there is any discrepancy between the descriptions of the Plans as described on this website and the official Plan documents, the language of the documents shall govern. Lee’s Summit School District also specifically reserves the right to revise, modify or terminate the Plans at any time.