Health Reimbursement Arrangement
You can use money contributed to your HRA account for eligible medical expenses incurred by you, and your spouse or your children IF they are enrolled in the District HDHP plan with you. Visit the IRS website to learn more about Eligible Expenses.
Customer Service: 866-818-8805, choose the option for Surency Flex
HRA (For HDHP Enrollees Only)
HDHP enrollees not eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA) will have the District’s contribution deposited into a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA). Your HRA account will include only District contributed funds.
Health Reimbursement Arrangement Features
- Contributions into an HRA are tax-free as long as you use the funds for qualified expenses.
- HRA funds can be used to pay for qualified expenses for you and your spouse and children IF they are enrolled in the District HDHP plan with you.
- Funds will be added to your account each payday.
- Funds must be deposited into the HRA account before you can use them.
- A list of the most common eligible expenses, can be found here.
- You can request reimbursement for eligible expenses incurred from the date you begin participating in the HDHP with HRA through December 31, 2023.
- Balance in the HRA account on December 31, 2023 may be able to roll-over to 2024.
- Balances and roll-over funds in the HRA account can accumulate to a maximum of $4,999.
- You will receive a debit card in the mail from Surency Life and Health, the District’s HRA provider.
- You are not required to use the debit card to pay expenses. You can request reimbursement through your on-line account or print a claim form to email, fax or mail to Surency.
- If you terminate employment with the District, your debit card will deactivate but you will be able to submit claims for reimbursement for expenses incurred through the end of the plan year in which you terminate.
If you are enrolled in a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) for 2022 and enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA) for 2023, the funds remaining in your HRA as of December 31, 2022, may be eligible to be suspended and used for eligible dental and/or vision expenses. There are specific IRS regulations when HRA participants enroll in an HSA. For additional information, please contact the District’s Benefits Specialist at (816) 986-1046.
Upon enrollment into a HRA, you will receive an enrollment packet which will contain additional information.
I cannot say enough good things about the Complete Health and Wellness Center! Every single time I have interacted with staff they have been welcoming and kind. I had a telehealth appointment scheduled and after talking through my concerns, Shelly Lynch had me come on in to the clinic for an in person exam so that she would be able to refer me on to additional services. The staff is accommodating, understanding, and very professional. What a great benefit for our LSR7 staff!
Erin Jensen helps me with any questions I have, it does not matter what it is!!! I have her in my phone for quick dial because she seriously is my "Go To" person! And if she does not know the answer, which by the way is not often, she wil lfind out for me and get right back with me. She is awesome!!
I came to the CHWC with some symptoms that were fairly severe. Not only did the provider I saw take plenty of time to consider a variety of possible causes and remedies, but also offered help with follow-up questions and emailed me several resources. They called a week later to check on how I was doing and continued to offer support weeks after my initial visit. The care I received from the provider, nurses, and other staff at CHWC was far beyond any medical care and follow-up I have ever received.
The drive-up COVID testing was easy and fast with a friendly nurse. And, the follow-up provided helpful, practical advice. I learned things about COVID from the Center's nurse practitioner that I'd never heard before elsewhere! The Wellness Center is a gr8 benefit to employees, and this is not my first positive experience. Through the annual health assessment report (and accompanying LSR7 Inspiring Balance Employee Wellbeing Program), I have improved most all of my "stats and digits."
Erin Jensen has been so very patient and helpful in assisting me with all the necessary details to complete the new hire beneifts packet. I know that she (as well as others in the Beneifts department) are extremely busy processing important information for many others in the district, however, she in particular has been a "jewel"...Again, Thank you Erin, YOU ROCK!!
The receptionist greeted me with a smile under her mask and she worked to get me in safely to the clinic. The nurse worked patiently to verify which lab work my doctor was requesting. I appreciate them working in a safe and friendly manner.
Your specific rights to benefits under the Plans are governed solely, and in every respect, by the official Plan documents and insurance contracts, and not by information included in this website. If there is any discrepancy between the descriptions of the Plans as described on this website and the official Plan documents, the language of the documents shall govern. Lee’s Summit School District also specifically reserves the right to revise, modify or terminate the Plans at any time.