About New Hire Benefits Orientation
What is New Hire Orientation?
For new hires who are eligible to participate in the LSR7 benefits program, the new hire benefit orientation process will be completed in Unified Talent (aka Talent Ed).
New hires are required to complete the new hire benefit orientation tasks and will receive an email to either their personal or LSR7 google email account with instructions and a link to login and access Unified Talent (aka Talent Ed).
What Will I Learn in New Hire Benefits Orientation?
- Review of the insurance choices and benefits available to you and your family
- Ability to complete your benefit enrollment online
- Opportunity to schedule benefit enrollment assistance with the District’s Benefits team if necessary
- Introduction to the District’s employee portal: Employee Online
- Review of retirement savings options, including the PSRS/PEERS Retirement System
- Introduction to Inspiring Balance, the District’s Employee Wellbeing program
- Review of available Leaves & Absences
Tips for Completing Tasks in Unified Talent
- The content in the new hire benefits orientation checklist in Unified Talent (aka Talent Ed) is best accessed using Google Chrome as your browser
- Unified Talent is the system in which you submitted new hire documents such as your W4 and I9 during your onboarding process
- Login to Unified Talent at https://lsr7.tedk12.com/sso/Account/Login
- Your new hire benefit orientation tasks are numbered in the suggested order of viewing; it is recommended you follow this order
- Some tasks are required and others are optional. The instructions within each task will identify if the task is required
- Once you have completed a task, click “Save Final” in the bottom right of the task to mark it as completed
- Once a task has been completed, you can view it again in your “Completed” task list
How to Enroll
Your enrollment will be completed on-line and you may complete your enrollment from any computer which has internet access.
Pop-up blockers must be turned off on your computer in order to complete the on-line enrollment process.
To enroll, follow these steps to ensure completion of your enrollment:
- Review the information contained on our website at benefits.lsr7.org and in the Benefit Guide to assist you in making your benefit choices for 2022.
- Click on Enroll Now to begin your benefits enrollment.
- Log in with your user ID and PIN. Your user ID and PIN are as follows:
User ID: Your User ID is the first letter of your legal first name, first letter of your last name, and the last four digits of your social security number. For example, John Smith, SSN ending in 1234: User ID is JS1234
PIN: Your PIN is equal to your date of birth. Enter two digits for month, two digits for day and four digits for year. For example, date of birth of March 10, 1980: PIN is 03101980
- Once logged in, click on “Enroll/Change your benefits,” then click on “Plan Year Beginning January 1, 2022” and then click on “Health and Welfare Benefits Enrollment” to make elections for 2022. Work through the site by following the on-line instructions.
- Upon completion of Step 4, a confirmation statement will appear on the page. If the information is accurate, print a copy for your records and then click “Confirm.” You will then receive a confirmation number. Write this number down or print the page for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation number, your insurance elections will not be processed.
- For first time Health Savings Account Enrollees (High Deductible Health Plan Enrollees only): If you are electing to have the District’s contribution deposited into a Health Savings Account (HSA) for the first time, then you must set up your HSA through Central Bank of the Midwest by following these steps.
The District will make contributions only to Central Bank of the Midwest HSA accounts.
If you have questions regarding the enrollment process or need assistance enrolling, please contact the Business Services Department at (816) 986-1000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site provides information detailing the benefit programs and options available to you as an employee of the Lee’s Summit R-VII School District. The benefits available to employees are designed to provide a variety of options. As an eligible employee it is important to understand those options and how to make the best choices for your specific situation and individual needs. As needs change, you may have the opportunity to make changes to coverage, either as a new enrollee, during annual open enrollment or mid-year when experiencing a qualifying status change.
Your specific rights to benefits under the Plans are governed solely, and in every respect, by the official Plan documents and insurance contracts, and not by information included in this website. If there is any discrepancy between the descriptions of the Plans as described on this website and the official Plan documents, the language of the documents shall govern. Lee’s Summit School District also specifically reserves the right to revise, modify or terminate the Plans at any time.